Distinctions (4 last years)
- AFIA prize 2016 for a thesis in AI (national prize) for Marc Law.
- Best thesis prize (SIBGRAPI 2013) for Rodrigo Minetto – cotutelle with university Campinas, Brazil
Best paper prizes
- Best paper CORIA 2017 (national), Bourigault S., Lamprier S, Gallinari P., Apprentissage de representation pour la detection de source de diffusion dans les reseaux, CORIA 2017.
- Best student paper ICONIP 2016 (international), Contardo G., Denoyer L., Artières T., Recurrent Neural Networks for Adaptive Feature Acquisition.
- Best paper CORIA 2014 (national), Poussevin M., Guàrdia-Sebaoun E., Guigue V., Gallinari P. : Recommandation par combinaison de filtrage collaboratif et d’analyse de sentiments. CORIA-CIFED 2014: 27-42.
- Honorable mention : RECSYS 2012 (international), Pradel B., Usunier N., Gallinari P. : Ranking with non-random missing ratings: influence of popularity and positivity on evaluation metrics. RecSys 2012: 147-154.
- Honorable mention : NIPS 2012 (international), Calauzènes C., Usunier N., and Gallinari P., On the (Non-)existence of Convex, Calibrated Surrogate Losses for Ranking, NIPS 2012.
- 2016 MLIA was selected together with 22 European teams, as a recipient of the Facebook AI Research (FAIR) partnership program for providing academic labs GPU servers for promoting AI and Deep Learning. MLIA is one of the 3 French teams selected by this program. Note that 3 former PhD of MLIA are currently researchers at FAIR. Considering the extremely highly selection level of FAIR, this is also an indicator of the quality of the PhDs from the team.
- 2016, Technicolor grant (via UPMC Foundation), 50k euros for supporting the research activity on Deep Learning for vision.